Thursday....remembering "The Secret"

Author: Wendi /

"Look for the magic in every day."

Today's lesson for me is remembering the beauty in tenacity. As I stumbled around the kitchen this morning, I break an egg all over the floor. My kids, bored with summer, are bickering, and it is barely 8 AM.

Meanwhile, I have some web work to do, for which I am happy. After all, I have been wanting money. So, in my lap came a little web job today.

While my kids argue and I am trying to feed them, etc., I am also downloading software which is not working, so I keep at it for hours, and alas, I just keep thinking, "this is going to work. Make it work", and eventually, it does. It can be discouraging, trying to work while managing kids, but I have to keep at it. I have to believe that it will get easier, and to be fair, every year it does.

I am glad when I look at the big picture that I can be the one to make peanut butter, honey and banana sandwiches for Ash just the way she likes it, and be able to simultaneoulsy earn a small income at home. I am thrilled that Hills can have playdates here, which I never had a lot of growing up. I want my children to have a home where they can feel free to have their friends over, and to have the ability to exercise my mind as well. This life is a gift, and behind the chaos, I need to remind myself of that every day.

1 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

Love your new header Wendi!

Post a Comment