Au revior, 2015!

Author: Wendi /

Whew! After a couple of weeks of holiday festivities and whatnot, I am feeling a bit introspective. I always get a little serious about assessing my life and where I am at during the new year.

2015 was a year of constant change. It was a great year, but a non-steady-Freddy boat-ride of twists and turns. I switched jobs (twice!) this year, am changing my religion, and had a lot of "firsts." One thing I am learning about myself is that I must continue to embrace change, and that I should never say "never." In fact, the older I get, the more I realize that I need to keep my mouth shut and listen more. My opinions and perspectives evolve, and I end-up eating my words too often.

So, for the positive side of this year, I really noticed that for me a successful year includes my spirituality, family, friends, and firsts. It also includes being grateful, for every little good thing that happens to me.

Luckily, as of this writing, my family is healthy. With this gift, I have nothing to complain about. I also know that I should never take this for granted. Believe me, I have seen how things in life can change on a dime.

My friends continue to feed my soul, and for that, I am forever grateful. Like my dear husband and family, I know that my friends see my multitude of flaws, and decide to quietly put those aside and focus on what is "bright and shiny". I can't tell you how much I appreciate this.

Anyway, on to acknowledging my firsts this year. I feel the need to pay attention to the magic and newness that happens in a year, and be grateful.

Firsts for me this year: (in no particular order)
1. Seeing Train
2. Going to a concert at the Fillmore
3. Visiting Estonia, Lithuania and Poland, and seeing sights that I will probably remember on my death-bed, provided I don't develop any sort of memory loss.
4. Visiting Hollywood and West Hollywood
5. Visiting Beverly Hills
6. Visiting Etna, Ca
7. Seeing Chicago, and Earth,Wind and Fire
8. Staying in a historic Inn in New Hampshire
9. Visiting Newton, Mass (outside of Boston--a cool place in its' own right)
10. Seeing Norway (briefly)
11. touring Black Chasm caverns
12. Attending the Pirate Festival in Vallejo
13. Checking-out the fun at the Treasure Island Flea market
14. watching a volleyball tournament
15. visiting some of the historical spots in Tahoe, (not just the slopes) as well as Eagle Creek Falls
16. Attending a 1920's party in a speakeasy
17. Visiting Palm Springs
18. Finding out my DNA and digging more into my ancestry

Anyway, I am looking forward to the adventures of 2016, and wishing you all a year of new adventures.




0 comments:

Post a Comment