10 things you might not know about me

Author: Wendi /

I loved Mainly a Midwife's posting about "Ten Things about me", and I thought I would do a blog in the same fashion. I am pretty much an open book, so I don't know if there is anything to uncover, but here goes:

1. I have a deep fascination about tornadoes. I love to watch anything about them. I was once near one---but it was only a F-zero. (F stands for Fujita, the rating of damage/wind speed a tornado reaches.) I have also seen a funnel cloud in the distance, but again, it was tiny and dissipated quickly. The West Coast doesn't offer much tornado entertainment, which is why I want to go on a real live tornado chase in the midwest one day.

2. My favorite food is Thai. I can't live without it.

3. I have been inside a now-empty missile silo, underground, at night. Probably one of the most interesting and simultaneously dangerous experiences that I have ever done.

4. I love to make up crazy dances for my kids and husband. There is the horse dance, the cat dance and the tick-tock dance, to name a few. They think I am a nut. They are right.

5. My music taste is all over the map. I listen to almost everything. My eclectic music library ranges from John Denver to Lifehouse to Barbra Streisand to AC/DC to some rap. I love music and could talk about it all day long. I love to sing, but unfortunately, I am terrible. This doesn't stop me from doing karaoke, however. Wild horses couldn't stop me from belting out my music in the car, either.
This topic leads me to #6...

6. I fantasize constantly about being a professional singer, and a piano player, oh, and a guitar player, too. Sometimes, I also play the drums, and I am wearing cool sunglasses while I am beating away. I am pretty much a legendary one-man band, in my own mind.

7. Sometimes I watch the trashiest reality TV out there, and my already-struggling I.Q. goes down 10 points every time. I can't stop. The worst one that I ever sat through (and also watched the re-runs!) was "Paradise Hotel." I know, it is complete brain garbage. I might as well stare at a piece of moldy bread all day.

8. I love to travel, but I sometimes get in the mood to visit off-beat places. If you ever want something out-of-the-ordinary to do, contact me. I have a list just for Northern California. One of my favorite places to tell people to travel to is Locke, Ca. I will let you Google it, but it is cool.

9. I hate watching eating contests. They are just plain foul.

10. One of my biggest fears: snakes. Need I say more?

And, now, for one more:

11. I am going to be "crazy cat lady" when I am old. I am a cat lover, and I have already decided that pursuit suits me best. So, when you visit me in my older age, try and ignore the woman in the purple hat talking to her cats. Just remember me when I was sane...oh, wait. I never was.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!

4 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

I love it! I knew about the dances but I had no idea about the legendary one man band. Go for it. It's not too late for guitar lessons!

forever folding laundry said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I, too, watched Paradise Hotel. It is soooo bad. I think your comparison to moldy bread was perfect!

jenny said...

OMG Wend - You are SO FUNNY! I really need to see those dances one day! And yes, I have seen a "few" episodes of Paradise Hotel. Wish I was in CA with you, I love adventures! Hugs - J

3 Bay B Chicks said...

What a fun post! Always great to learn more about those that we are following. Oh, wait, I meant to say, hey, we're following you!

Oh well. Backwards, forwards, it is all the same...we just like your blog. :)

-Francesca

Post a Comment