Trying again...

Author: Wendi /

So, it has been awhile since I have had the urge to write a post, not that I don't have anything to say....guess I have all of these random thoughts swimming around, and nothing is gelling together in a cohesive essay. I wish I had something profound to expand upon, but since I am lacking, I will tell you my random thoughts: 1. I like my new "old" job. I am back teaching at an adult school again (part-time) and feel great about what I am doing. It is incredibly uplifting to have students that soak up what you have to say and apply it. 2. When is one too old to stop dressing up for Halloween? I admit it; I like going to Halloween parties and yet, I can't help but wonder if others are rolling their eyes at me. 3. My eldest daughter just turned 12, and I can't help but worry about how to raise her properly now that she is becoming a tweener. Should I let her walk downtown with her friends? When is it appropriate for her to get a Facebook account? Should she have a set bedtime? Should I check her homework, even when she doesn't want me to? I know it is just starting, and I can't help but think that we have even more roads to navigate now, with the technology age in full thrust. I have to watch her physically, emotionally, and now, in a cyber format as well. 4. Pinterest is my latest guilty pleasure. Wow, what great ideas are out there. I am completely blown away at the inventive people out there that freely post their cool ideas. It is like free candy. Love it. Okay, I am awaiting my friend who I have known since I was 5 years old to arrive at my house. I can't wait to see her and catch-up. If anyone is reading, have a blessed night and weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment