What a difference a day makes...

Author: Wendi /

Well, after reading my last blog, I decided that I really need to look at my current situation with a better attitude. Attitude is everything---or at least that is what one of those motivational posters that I saw had to say about attitude.

I figured something out, thanks to a great night's sleep last night. There is a reason that I am going through this process: I am being forced to practice patience. Awhile back, I prayed and asked God to help me become more patient, and to help me become the best that I can be. Well, alas, ask and you shall receive.

Literally, every day, since I have begun this new career has been a test of my limited patience....and as challenging as it has been, I have to say that my capacity for being patient has improved. It had to. I was forced to be patient or throw in the towel, so I am chosing to be patient. I have had to be patient with myself, with my co-workers, with clients, with the process of the extra long sales cycle, etc. etc. My boss even reminded me that "Rome was not built in a day" and was gently reminding me that I needed to relax a bit.

I asked my husband what my worst quality was, and he didn't even blink. He said that I am extremely impatient. Obviously, this is something that I need to change or at least, work on changing about myself. I am hopeful that I can set a better example to my family in the future.

2 comments:

forever folding laundry said...

Patience is a tough one,
especially when we live in a world of
instant gratification.

Hang in there, Wend!

~Keri

Wendi said...

Thanks Keri! You are right. xo

Post a Comment