Why I blog....

Author: Wendi / Labels:

I had to give it some serious thought on why I blog.

1. Foot in Mouth...no more
It forces me to really think before I speak (or publish!!!) I can take the time to reflect on how I feel about something, weighing the good and the bad, and deciphering what is relevant, and what is not.
2. Pure Reflection
It is obligatory to recall past events, current situations and ponder the mysterious future when I sit down to write. (I suppose personal content is a requisite, unless you are writing a biography or fiction...) Many times, these short moments of reflection introduce a range of thoughts: gratitude, wishes and sometimes, misgivings. While I enjoy recalling all that I am thankful for, I also find it necessary to look at the past day, and take a candid look at what I could have done better and how I should handle the same situation in the future. I also take a problematical look at how I can improve upon current circumstances.
3. Relaxation
My heart rate seems to slow down, and as a Type-A personality (more like AAA), anything that forces me to sit still is good.

3 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I love that you wrote about being a type AAA personality. That sums me up in a nutshell. Blogging is good therapy for girls like us.

And on that note, I would like to formally welcome you to the blogosphere. I noticed that you are being followed by some of my favorite people out here, Forever Folding Laundry, Peach Out of Water, and Mainly a Midwife. You are in good company.

Just try not to fall into the blogging blackhole. Once you get addicted, there is no turning back! :)

-Francesca

Wendi said...

Hi Francesca,
I have been a fan of yours! Thanks for stopping by, and I will add you as one of my favorite blogs.
Love the piece you did on Keri, by the way. She is one class act.
Have an awesome weekend!

Anonymous said...

Why did I not know you were a mama-blogger? You have always been a great writer....able to express yourself so well, and clever as heck!

'Hope you are well and enjoying life to the fullest, as I know you do.
~Suzanne

Post a Comment