Happy Birthday Jen and Liz

Author: Wendi /



So, I have these two great friends having birthdays on Thursday. They are both fantastic women; beautiful, kind, thoughtful, intelligent and capable.

Jen takes any room by storm with her engaging personality. She lights up any room. Period. I have never met anyone who after meeting her didn't adore her. She can converse with anyone, and bring any person out of "their shell", so to speak, and she takes a genuine interest in the other person, and is not afraid to point out the good attributes that the person has to bring out their best. I have never seen her do anything contrary to helping another see the best in themselves, and she is always generous (yet sincere) with her kind words.

She also gives extremely sound advice, and I confer with her on many situations. I know that she will calm Chicken Little (a.k.a. me) down and coach me on how to address the problem in a wise and adult manner.

Her infectious laugh and love for silliness takes any heavy drama out of the room, and it is this love for fun that keeps her looking, oh, about 22 years old. In a word, she is amazing.




Liz would give you the shirt off of her back. I know that phrase is said often, and it is overused, but it is the best one I could come up with, and my writing is a tad rusty.

I have always envied Liz's ability to be calm, kind, and collected in any situation. She never stoops to pettiness, and she truly sees the best in others. She will quietly work behind the scenes to help people---never bringing attention to herself, and she does it simply because her heart is the size of Alaska. She never asks for anything in return.

On top of all of this, she is an abundantly loving mother. She manages three children, a career, a remodel, friends, appointments with an ease and grace that would make any C.E.O. green with envy. I hope she sees how great she is, because she is also very humble, and as endearing of a quality that is, I want her to appreciate herself---because we all do.

Finally, I am truly fortunate to have these women in my life. Happy Birthday Ladies! Enjoy your year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wen...you really are the biggest sweetheart on the planet..I mean in the entire universe!! You know that...right?? : ) J.

Mainly a midwife said...

Wow Wendi. I'm pretty blown away by what you wrote. Thank you so much. Your words are so kind and I really appreciate them. xo

jenny said...

wendi wen - you are such a good friend. we are all better women and friends because of you. love you!

Post a Comment