Life is, well, peachy---when you have a friend like Peaches!

Author: Wendi /




Besides the fact that she is from Georgia, the nickname Peaches is perfect for her. Her skin is flawless, perfectly colored, just like a peach. Her southern drawl and sweet personality take you in, and you feel lucky to be a part of her world.

Fiercely loyal, fun to be around, wonderful sense of humor, (I am talking knee-slapping funny), quick witted, intelligent, honest, generous, adventurous---these are just a few of the hundred adjectives that describe our dear friend.

One of my favorite memories of her is her standing on a hay bale (looking fabulous in a Hooters Girls costume) at one of my Halloween parties and asking the crowd if they "want any weeengs?" (wings) The plate was devoured in a few seconds.

As one poet put it: "Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life"--and this describes Peaches perfectly.

Peaches and I take weekly walks out in the state park, and they are some of my favorite hours of the week. There is nothing that we can't discuss with startling openness, and I know that I can count on her to willingly listen to anything that I am grappling with and she will give me straight-forward advice, as well as a good dose of humor. I can trust her implicitly, with confidentiality and to provide thoughtful words of wisdom. These are what I consider trademarks of a true lifelong friend.

She is off on another adventure in about a year from now, and even though I am happy for her, I am going to miss her terribly. In the short time that she has been here in Benicia, we have had a ton of good times.

Happy Birthday, my wonderful friend, and I hope your upcoming year in Benicia brings you extraordinary memories, the best of times and the knowledge that you are adored by many. I would wish for everyone to have such a friend as you.

3 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

I am already dreading saying goodbye to our dear friend. We are all blessed to know her. Another lovely tribute Wendi. Great post!

forever folding laundry said...

So eloquently, and accurately put, Wendi!! Benicia won't be the same without our Peaches.

Peaches said...

I would like to hire you to do my eulogy.

You are a dear, precious friend. I'm glad that I was able to touch your heart as you have touched mine. I have no worries that we will keep in touch and be friends until the end of our days.

Post a Comment